Not long after I started this blog, Deb started her New Year, New You project and challenged people to come up with goals for the new year that we could work on, both magically and mundanely. These goals comprised some of the first things I talked about on this blog and I thought it might be interesting to revisit them.
- Health – Well, when I did this two years ago, I didn’t have insurance, and now I do and I’m seeing my doctor and all that good stuff, so that’s definitely an improvement. Goals like “eating better” and “working out” are up and down. I did join a gym this year, because my wife’s employer reimburses for it and therefore I don’t end up in a shame spiral if I don’t go all the time. I should probably go more, but it seems like I’m always busy lately.
- Wealth – What am I busy with? Mostly work. I’m still working at the job I started shortly after beginning the original NYNY. I’ve also started doing freelance writing on the side, and I’m exploring some other “hussles” as I’ve seen a variety of people describe it. I’ve had quite a bit of luck with financial magic, so I’ll take that.
- Mind – I haven’t been doing so good, but I did finally get my ass into therapy, so I’m hoping this qualifies as a turnaround.
- Creativity – I actually stopped counting words this year, in part due to the aforementioned freelance writing. On the other hand, I’ve made more progress on Theos Logos than I have in probably eight years. I suppose that’s a wash.
- Magic/Religion – Well, to a certain extent this ties into the last category with the Theos Logos and the Project Protagonist stuff. My practice has definitely come a long way in the last two years. But I could be doing more – I’m behind on the Strategic Sorcery work, for one. I think I’m going to make an effort there as well.
I suppose the important thing is that I can definitely see progress from where I was two years ago. That’s a nice perspective to have as I get ready for the second new year; I’ve been feeling pretty stuck lately, and I could use it.